USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data)
Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD) is a protocol used by GSM cellular telephones to communicate with the service provider’s computers. USSD can be used for WAP browsing, prepaid callback services, mobile-money services, location-based content services, menu-based information services, and as part of configuring the phone on the network.
USSD (Shared and Dedicated) messages are up to 182 alphanumeric characters in length. Unlike SMS messages, it creates a real-time connection during a USSD session. The connection remains open, allowing a two-way exchange of a sequence of data. This makes it potentially more responsive than services that use SMS, if a real-time interaction is desired.
- Dedicated USSD
This is a three digit code for example *384# that is used solely by one user for their company or service.
Dedicated USSD services take 3 to 6 months to be ready as this depends on NCC approval of the dedicated code
- Shared USSD
This is a code that is used by multiple companies or services. Each company is allocated a channel on our dedicated codes, for example *384*65#
Our shared codes are usually ready for your use within 48 hours, as the USSD is readily NCC approved and available
- An integration will be carried out where full control and access to Dashboard, Menu Creation and Management, Credit Management, reports and other admin functions will be made accessible via a customized portal.
- Depending on your menu request complexities, pricing would be communicated and the portal will be available to you within 1 to 2 weeks.
- Shared USSD Code
|Code Purchase Cost||Free|
|Monthly Maintenance||NGN 30,000|
Cost per USSD Call:
NGN 0 – 99,999
NGN 100,000 – 499,999
NGN 500,000 – 999,999
|All Networks||NGN 6.0||NGN 5.0||NGN 4.5||NGN 4.0|
Dedicated USSD Codes are presently unavailable
- – Certificate Of Incorporation
- – Signed Letter Of Request on company letterhead (template will be provided). This should describe the business use case for the USSD channel.
- – Valid Form Of ID of an authorized company representative (international passport, national id or driver’s license)
- – Contact Person Form (template will be provided).
- – Service Order Form (this will be shared with you once we receive the above documents)
For more information, please send an email to email@example.com indicating your request
A brief view of your USSD Shortcode Dashboard: